Time salvaged from the sea

Visual editorial and collateral design for exhibition.

This exhibition presented the main results of nautical and underwater archaeological activity carried out in Portugal over thirty years, presenting a selection of pieces from maritime, fluvial or humid environments from all across the national territory dating from the pre-Roman era to the 20th century.

The National Archaeology Museum of Lisbon, founded in 1893, is located in the west wing of the Jeronimos Monastery, once used as a dormitory area for ​​the monks who lived in the building.
The museum is the main center for archaeological research in Portugal, with pieces from all over the country. The permanent exhibits include Egyptian Antiquities and Treasures of Portuguese Archaeology, with notable pieces of jewellery from the Bronze Age to the Iron Age. The museum also has the largest collection of Roman mosaics in Portuguese museums.

Client

National Archaeology Museum of Lisbon

Year

2014

Creative Direction

Joćo Bicker

Graphic design

Ana Sabino

Curator

Adolfo Silveira Martins, MNA

Architecture

Manuela Fernandes, DGPC


Photography by
Maria Bicker